a bit of encouragement

When I was little my family always told me that I could do whatever I set my mind to becuase I was a Thompson. Then, I accepted Christ as my savior at the age of 6 and grew in grace a LOT. I learned about not living in the flesh and disregarded our family saying as carnal, then wandered about slightly discouraged at the fact that I could no longer do whatever I set my mind to.
Now, 10 years later, I learn that the saying is not carnal, just misinterpreted! My pastor said that I'm a child of God, I can do whatever I set my mind to! Boy! Was that exciting news for me! I had never thought of it like that. Now that my encouragement is no longer carnal but heavenly, I feel as if I could conquer hell in the name of the Lord with a water gun!
Because I'm a child of God, I can do whatever I set my mind to!

Now, whether or not God will bless my doings is a whole other story!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

looking for something?